As I’ve allowed 2014 to leave me with some unwelcome Christmas podge I’ll be getting strict with myself over the next month to shed it all off. I’d like to welcome any of you who would like to join me. I’m not following a set meal plan but I’ve got a list of things I won’t eat or drink which I’m going to share with you and a couple of meal ideas to share with you too.
(My Tumblr is good if you’re in need of some extra motivation^)
What I’m cutting out;
- Alcohol (I don’t drink anyway, but I thought I’d include it for those of you who do)
- Bread (Of any kind, toast/sandwiches/wraps/bagels/wholemeal, no bread allowed)
- Confectionery (Sweets/chocolate etc)
- Fast Food
If, like me, you reaaaaaaaaally want to get rid of your Christmas chub, don’t go halves. Don’t sneak a chocolate bar in here and there like “it won’t matter”. We’re only being so strict for one month, it’s really not as long as it sounds.
Take it a day at a time. I recommend getting yourself a calendar and ticking off every day you successfully eat clean (and don’t lie to yourself, it won’t help!).
I’m not an expert on nutrition or dieting but I know this will work for me and you guys often ask what I do so I thought I’d share.
What I’ll be eating/drinking:
Drinks: water and green tea
- Plain porridge oats (none of those fancy porridge brands that are meant to be healthy but are actually full of sugar!), don’t add any sugar on top, if you need a bit of sweetness add a little bit of honey and/or some fruit
- Poached eggs with salad
- Omelette with veg
- Chicken/Turkey salad with couscous
- Chicken/Turkey with brown rice and greens
- Homemade vegeable soups
- Omlette with veg
- Jacket sweet potato with tuna (in water, not oil), sweetcorn and salad.
- (Pretty much the same as lunch but vary your meals and eat more for lunch/less for dinner)
- Nakd Bars
- Corn cakes
I’ll be starting on Monday 5th Jan. I’ll post my current weight and measurements tomorrow and will hopefully post some of the workouts I do over the next month.
Even if you’re not in the gym, as long as you eat right, you will lose weight, guaranteed! So stick to it and please use the hashtag #ByeChristmasPodge on your own progress pictures on Instagram so I can see how you’re all doing too!
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions or post any comments below.
Wishing you all the very best! ❤